Friday, October 21, 2011

OWS UNAFILLIATED

 Reponse to National Memo story:

OWS unaffiliated

Permalink Submitted by dmcrane on Fri, 10/21/2011 - 11:18pm
I do not want OWS to become part of any Party. It should stay as it is, pushing progressive goals and trying to change hearts and minds where possible. If OWS were to become a third party, I think it would lose most of its participants, and I would be one. I am not interested in futile posturing but in results. I don't care what the Press or the pundits say about OWS because each of us know why we are involved. While we all want to change the system, most of us believe we can do it with the vote if we give our current President a strong, liberal, and filibuster-proof House and Senate. There is nothing we can't fix if we get strong control of both. We do not want it all, but we do want "All" to have enough, and perhaps a little extra to smile about as well. We want the young, and sick, and old, and disabled to be cared for properly. We want education for our children and healthcare for all. We do not have anything against being rich, but we do not want to be a rich people in a poor and angry country. I grew up Republican but I don't recognize the selfish mindset of the majority of the current Republicans. I am sorry to say, they are making all the same mistakes they've been making since the early 1900's and it has been a disaster for us every time. It is indeed time to throw the dirty bathwater out, but we do not need to destroy the house to change the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment